Thursday, January 9, 2014

2014 Project Planning

At the moment, I'm defining "planned projects" as the ones that absolutely must get completed by a certain point.

I've been toying with the idea of wearing an 1850s-60s ballgown to prom in May.

Jewelry/bertha inspiration

Bertha inspiration

Left image for skirt trim inspiration

In June, I'm attending an 1860s immersion weekend at a historical home in Missouri, so I need a few dresses to wear during the event.  I'm planning on three gowns because I already have fabric.

Brown dress inspiration

Brown dress bodice trim inspiration

Blue dress skirt trim inspiration

Blue dress bodice inspiration

Yellow/brown checked dress inspiration

I promised my sister a dress based on the now out-of-print Vogue 1171 and I'd like to get it done by February 17th because arbitrary due dates are really good motivators, especially when announced in a public area.


I have an Epic Master Plan Schedule of Tasks for everything, which means I will be highly productive.  The hard part is sticking to the Epic Master Plan Schedule of Tasks.

A note on the sources of the images: though I have been converted to Pinterest for its ease of pinning, I am still "old school" about saving the images I really like directly to my desktop using the drag-and-drop method, which means that the sources tend to get left behind.  Bad habits require time and patience to mend.

No comments:

Post a Comment