Saturday, November 16, 2013

Stan Lee's Comikaze Expo 2013

Two weeks ago, I attended Stan Lee's Comikaze Expo.  In a way, it marked the anniversary of when I got into costuming because I wore my very first thrifted, modded, and homemade Steampunk costumes to the same convention last year (even though the con was in September last year, but November this year). 

My sister took a lot of the pictures from Saturday below.  I missed most of the morning thanks to the SAT, but I gave the camera to her with instructions to TAKE PICTURES!

I'm getting spoiled by Comic Con.  Though this is a smaller con, it gets bigger every year.  Last year was a major improvement over the previous year, but this year didn't seem to have been as accommodating of the larger attendance.  I was disappointed with the variety of panels and shops (though the quality of the panels was still very good and I nevertheless managed to clear out my wallet).

A group of Deadpools on the stairs.  If a group of birds is a flock, a group of fish a school, I wonder what a group of Deadpools is called?

IT'S QUEEN AMIDALA!!!! Oh my goodness, the details!

"Engage!"
I'd just like to point out that my sister is wearing a shirt with Lt. Uhura as Communications Officer on the Enterprise on it, but siting in the captains chair on a model of the bridge of the Enterprise D.  Hah!  

I might be in the wrong "Star ____" universe.

With Han Solo in carbonite. 

Bustles are so much fun!

Oops.  Wrong universe, again.
With a wonderful Vader from the 501st guys.  He kept on calling me, "my lady," which of course will make any gal squeee!


With Steampunk Hana Solo and Luka Skywalker at the Costume Contest.

Costume Contest on Saturday night

This author was kind enough to let me take a picture of her corset.  The leather appliqués were really well done.

BEST Doctor with his TARDIS that I have ever seen and that I probably will ever see.

No comments:

Post a Comment