Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Lady Vader Cosplay Part I

Comic Con is over now, and I am sad.  But also happy because I can now show you the costume that I have been working on.  I think I'll do a "whole costume" post (Part I) and then a "details/construction" post (Part II) when I finally get around to taking pictures of the details.  And then maybe a "Comic Con: The Experience" post.  Eh, maybe not.

But first, some background: I had the idea of doing a steampunk or Victorian Darth Vader floating around in my head.  Sometime in January, I came across an ad on the local Steampunk group/forum/page/whatever-you-want-to-call-it asking for people interested in being part of a steampunk Star Wars cosplay group at SDCC.  Since I knew the woman who posted the ad from some of the panels I went to at Comikaze last year, and since I already had the idea floating around my head, I messaged her that I was interested.  Long story short is that I created a Lady Vader steampunk cosplay that I debuted with a group of other steampunk Star Wars characters, including Luke and Leia, C-3PO, Han Solo, Darth Maul, Boba Fett, and Rianna Saren.

Second, I need to say that I haven't taken any pictures at all of my costume, so all of these pictures are by photographers at Comic Con or by other members of the group who posted their pictures.  I will give credit where credit is due, but for the sake of the privacy of the other members I will not say their real name, just their character or their initials.

I will also be adding to this post as I find new pictures.  It takes a few days for all the photographers to upload their pictures.

The Skywalker Family
Photo by Howie Muzika

Saturday Starburner Awards/Steampunk Meetup -- I am in the first row, second from right.
Picture by Howie Muzika

Leia, Vader, and C-3PO
Picture by Howie Muzika

Perhaps my favorite picture so far!
Picture by Sebastian Jespersen

Lady Vader and Darth Maul
Picture by Darth Maul's friend

The whole group out on the exhibit floor
Top row, left to right: Lady Vader, Boba Fett, Han Solo, C-3PO, Darth Maul
Bottom row (kneeling): Luke, Leia, Rianna Saren
Picture by Rianna's friend

Vader vs. Luke
Picture by S.C.

Vader and Luke
Picture by S.C.

Leia, C-3PO, Vader, Luke
Picture by S.C.

Me!
Picture by Rianna
Photo by David Degadillo

4 comments:

  1. Great pics. What's your name? I'm putting together some cosplay pics from 2013 in a post and want to properly credit as many people as I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Daniel! You can credit me as Adi or as Basically Creative Me, with a link back to this blog. :D Feel free to send me a link to your post when you're done. I'd love to see it!

      Delete
    2. Hi, Adi,

      I just posted the cosplay post I was talking about before.

      Here's the link:
      http://www.popmythology.com/the-best-cosplay-of-2013/

      Hope you'll share it with your fans and followers. Thanks!

      Best,
      Daniel

      Delete