Sunday, March 17, 2013

Steampunk Eyepatch

I am extremely fortunate to have access to a photo studio through my school.  I took advantage of the studio and the school's camera to take very professional looking photos (if I do say so myself) of most of the jewelry I made over the summer. 



I also photographed the completed steampunk eyepatch, which I just realized that, though I have taken a lot of pictures of the construction, I have not done a very good job about posting those pictures.  Those that I have posted are on my Tumblr blog.  Please enjoy these pictures of the completed thing!  Remember, you can click the picture to embiggen it!






Materials on the eyepatch: brass plate, silver wire, silver bezel wire, resin, copper plate (oxidized), silver wire, glass beads, watch gears, glass marble, paper, shoe lace, black piping, pleather. 

This piece won a Gold Key Award in the 2013 Scholastic Art and Writing Awards competition, which meant that it moved on to the national level competition, where it got a Silver Award.

No comments:

Post a Comment