Sunday, December 9, 2012

Steampunk Irene Adler -- Final Costume

This is post number three about my 2012 Halloween costume, when I dressed up as Irene Adler.  To see all three posts, click the label for "Steampunk Irene Adler".

Warning: this is a picture-heavy post!

This is the best photo to show off the bustle.  

Sherlock Holmes and Irene Adler

Wrinkly shirt.  Bleh. 

Shoes!!  I'm not a very good Victorian -- showing off my ankles and all.

Yet another pictures of the bustle.

Steampunk Irene and BBC Irene.

This isn't going to end well.


My friend in the middle was supposed to be a Victorian John Watson with us, but her outfit ran away with her sister.  She went for Toddlers in Tiaras.

BBC Irene and Sherlock (BORED!!!)

From left to right,  BBC Irene, BBC Sherlock, BBC Watson,  Victorian Sherlock, Steampunk Irene

Sherlock

Some of my friends
My advisees 
Buffy

Harley Quinn

Professor Snape

He stayed in character ALL DAY!!
My group joined the costume competition. We lost, but apparently it was a close call.
Close up of all the headgear-type things.  You can never have too much. 
More headgear -- I am guilty of gluing gears on and calling it steampunk.
More headgear.  My justification for the goggles and for the jeweler's loupe is that . . .  okay, I don't have one.  My earrings are these studs.
I painted a cheap pirate's gun from a dollar store to look vaguely steampunk.  Read more about it on my other blog.
I whipped up a makeshift holster for the gun the day before Halloween.
The first attempt to make a holster for the gun turned into a holster for a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment