Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Turtle Earrings


I made these earrings for my sister, who was once obsessed with turtles, before I realized that a) she doesn't wear jewelry very often, and b) she doesn't have her ears pierced.  Well, I tried....  Mine now, I suppose, but I rarely wear anything I make.

Turtle-wise, though, I think they're cute.

Sterling silver sheet and wire, some green stone... my source says it's malachite.  I used a scalloped bezel wire, which added an interesting tough.  My favorite part is the wire around the bezel -- I think it adds an elegant look to the design.  The ear wire is store-bought.  Trust me, you will know when I make them, because I make them HUGE.  Relatively.

These won an Honorable Mention in the 2012 Scholastic Art and Writing Awards competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment